Type: Full Time
Location: Armdale Campus
Educational Requirements: A Bachelor's degree in Education is required; a Master's degree in Educational Administration preferred
Experience Required: Previous teaching and school administration experience.
Closing Date: 2023-06-30 3:00 PM Atlantic Time
Halifax Christian Academy is accepting applications for a full-time Vice-Principal of Secondary for the 2023/24 school year commencing August 1, 2023. The Vice-Principal of Secondary will work closely to assist the Principal and Executive Director in leading our school's Middle School and High School divisions. He/she will help to develop and implement educational programs, manage daily operations, and provide leadership to faculty and staff.
HCA teachers should hold, or be eligible for, a valid Nova Scotia Teaching Certificate. All employees must meet the requirements of the HCA Employment of Teachers Contract.
- Work with the Principal to develop and implement academic and extracurricular programs for Middle School and High School students
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Middle School and High School, including overseeing faculty and staff, managing the budget, and ensuring compliance with provincial regulations
- Provide instructional leadership to teachers and staff, including mentoring, coaching, and evaluating their performance
- Collaborate with teachers and staff to develop and implement effective instructional strategies that support student learning and engagement
- Foster a positive and supportive school culture that promotes academic excellence, student well-being, and Christian values
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are followed, including those related to discipline, attendance, and student conduct
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and staff to keep them informed of school events, policies, and academic progress
- Participate in professional development activities to stay up-to-date on best practices in education and school administration
- A Bachelor's degree in Education is required; a Master's degree in Educational Administration preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in teaching and school administration, with experience in Middle and High School leadership, preferred
- Knowledge of Christian education and a commitment to Christian values
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, parents, and students
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Knowledge of provincial regulations related to education
- Ability to manage budgets and allocate resources effectively
Please send your resume, Statement of Philosophy of Christian Education, Pastoral Reference, and credentials by Friday, June 30, 2023 to:
Dr. A. J. Penney, Executive Director
Halifax Christian Academy
114 Downs Avenue, Halifax, NS, B3N 1Y6
Phone: 902.475.1441 Fax: 902.475.1441
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.