Type: Full Time
Location: Armdale Campus
Educational Requirements: A Bachelor's degree in Education is required; a Master's degree in Educational Administration preferred
Experience Required: Previous teaching and school administration experience.
Closing Date: 2023-06-30 3:00 PM Atlantic Time
Halifax Christian Academy is accepting applications for a full-time Vice-Principal of our Armdale Campus for the 2023/24 school year commencing August 1, 2023. The Vice-Principal will work closely to assist the Principal and Executive Director in leading our school's Elementary Program (Pre-primary to Grade 6) at our Armdale campus. They will help to develop and implement educational programs, manage daily operations, and provide leadership to faculty and staff.
HCA teachers should hold, or be eligible for, a valid Nova Scotia Teaching Certificate. All employees must meet the requirements of the HCA Employment of Teachers Contract.
- Work with the Principal to develop and implement academic and extracurricular programs for Elementary students
- Manage the day-to-day operations, including overseeing faculty and staff, managing the budget, and ensuring compliance with provincial regulations
- Provide instructional leadership to teachers and staff, including mentoring, coaching, and evaluating their performance
- Collaborate with teachers and staff to develop and implement effective instructional strategies that support student learning and engagement
- Foster a positive and supportive school culture that promotes academic excellence, student well-being, and Christian values
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are followed, including those related to discipline, attendance, and student conduct
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and staff to keep them informed of school events, policies, and academic progress
- Participate in professional development activities to stay up-to-date on best practices in education and school administration
- A Bachelor's degree in Education is required; a Master's degree in Educational Administration preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in teaching and school administration. Experience in Elementary School leadership is preferred
- Knowledge of Christian education and a commitment to Christian values
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, parents, and students
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Knowledge of provincial regulations related to education
- Ability to manage budgets and allocate resources effectively
Please send your resume, Statement of Philosophy of Christian Education, Pastoral Reference, and credentials by Friday, June 30, 2023 to:
Dr. A. J. Penney, Executive Director
Halifax Christian Academy
114 Downs Avenue, Halifax, NS, B3N 1Y6
Phone: 902.475.1441 Fax: 902.475.1441
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.